Monday, April 2, 2012

Developer Diary #2 - Field Research

Well folks, just this past weekend, I attended Kitsune Kon '12 in Appleton, WI; I must say, it was a very interesting three-day convention for me and for the project.

I've met with several people who seem to like the idea of the game, as well as many interesting characters and situations; many of which left a lasting impression on my story so far. In addition, my own course of events at the convention came eerily close to matching what I had written down as plot points and key events so far, which is very reassuring and interesting at the same time... did I predict my own course of events, or did my writing cause me to unconsciously live out the experiences I wrote for my character? If so, then how do I explain the encounters with the many different personalities I'd imagined throughout the convention? Am I over-analyzing this situation? Probably. Food for thought, though. I'll have to discuss this with the awesome girl I met at the con... ;p

Regardless, I also got contact information for a few other interested artists, so we may have some new team members in the near future. I currently don't have much for my team to work on at this point; I'll have to come up with a means of holding discussions or meetings with the team, and gathering ideas and developing the team process. I'd envision using IRC, with one big meeting via IRC or a forum posting on a regular weekly or bi-weekly schedule, but any suggestions on that front would be appreciated. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment